We use cookies to provide you with a better service. Carry on browsing if you're happy with this, or find out how to manage cookies.

6 great sport channels

Football, Rugby, UFC, GAA

All free when you join eir Broadband

Subscribe to eir Sport
Published: 08:46 | 31/5/16

Carrick signs new deal - Crerand

Michael Carrick has signed a new contract with Manchester United, according to Paddy Crerand.

Carrick's contract is due to expire at the end of June and the midfielder had been linked with a move away from Old Trafford.

However, new manager Jose Mourinho is keen for the 34-year-old to remain at the club and Crerand appears to have revealed that Carrick has agreed fresh terms with United.

Speaking on MUTV, the former United player said: "Something that happened today that nobody has mentioned, and I'm delighted that he has signed another contract: Michael Carrick. He's signed a contract for another year.

"There was a situation where it looked as if his contract was up at the end of this year and that was it, but from what I'm gathering he's there for another year."

Crerand's comments came on the same day that Marcus Rashford and Cameron Borthwick-Jackson both signed new deals, which will tie them to the club until at least 2020.

Meanwhile, Mourinho toured United's Carrington training complex on Monday, just three days after being confirmed as the club's new manager.

He was greeted by executive vice-chairman, Ed Woodward before being shown around the grounds and introduced to a number of staff members.

Mata: We must carry on

10:21 | Today

Manchester United must 'remain mentally strong and keep going' if they are to put their defeat to Chelsea behind them, Juan Mata has said.

City duo on Ballon d'Or shortlist

09:13 | Today

Zlatan Ibrahimovic has been shortlisted for the 2016 Ballon d'Or award.

Arsenal want Wenger to carry on

15:12 | Today

Arsenal want Arsene Wenger to stay on as manager beyond the end of the season but are in no rush to open contract talks.

Sissoko accepts FA charge

15:46 | Today

Tottenham midfielder Moussa Sissoko has been handed a three-match ban after he accepted a Football Association charge of violent conduct following an incident d...

Arter accepts Sissoko apology

11:45 | 23/10/16

Bournemouth midfielder Harry Arter has accepted Moussa Sissoko's apology for elbowing him during Saturday's Premier League draw with Tottenham.

What’s in the eir Sport Pack?

We’ve got heartstopping action across 6 great sports channels, with 42 Premier League games, every Champions League game and every Europa League game, as well as UFC, Allianz Leagues GAA, Golf, F1 and much more.