New Zealand assistant coach Ian Foster has dismissed rumours that Sonny Bill Williams could miss the World Cup due to injury.
Foster referred to a story that suggested the 34-year-old centre was on his way home after suffering a calf injury as “mischevious”.
He insisted that Williams was in line for selection for New Zealand’s opening game against South Africa in Yokohama on Saturday (EXCLUSIVELY LIVE on eir sport).
"Is he going home? No. Is he available for selection based on his progression last week? Then I think the answer is yes," said Foster.
"He's trained really well and got through it and I think we said last week we had a progression plan for a number of the guys who brought niggles into the week and overall came through pretty good.
"In fact, everyone was training at nearly 100 per cent in the last training session.
“It's just disappointing that a mischievous person has tweeted something with no information behind it."
Williams has battled knee, wrist and shoulder injuries over the past season but did enough in the 36-0 Bledisloe Cup win over Australia to earn a place in the 31-man squad for the tournament.”
***Remember, eir sport is the ONLY place you can see ALL 48 RWC 2019 games absolutely LIVE.