eir Flag-bearer Competition Terms and Conditions
- The competition is open to all residents of the Republic of Ireland aged 18 years and over.
- By entering this competition, participants agree to these terms and conditions.
- Employees of eir and its associated promotional partners, companies or suppliers and their immediate family members are not eligible to enter/win the competition.
- The competition will be moderated and only legitimate entries will be accepted for entry, no inappropriate entries will be counted.
- Only one entry is allowed per person.
- The grand prize is the chance to be flag-bearer at the 2019 All Ireland Senior Football Championship Final Replay on September 14th.
- The flag-bearer participant (winner) must be aged between 8-12 yrs of age.
- The tickets for the flag-bearer and accompanying adult will be in the Hogan Stand Lower, Croke Park.
- The parent/guardian (of the winner) is required to send on the following information for each flag bearer - Age, Full name, Size of gear, Parental Contact Details, Full Medical Information.
- The kit, which the winner will receive, is white with the Give Respect Get Respect text on the front and the sponsor’s logo on the sleeve and back.
- Flags are in the colours of the counties playing in the fixture.
- The winner must be at the designated meeting point - Hogan concourse outside section 334 opposite the Leather and Ash concession unit and be ready for collection by Verve personnel 1hour and 30 mins prior to throw in.
- As official match day activation partners, Verve Marketing will manage the activation on behalf of the GAA and the sponsors.
Parents and are not permitted to accompany the flag-bearers during this activation. Only Verve and members of the GAA Commercial and Children’s Welfare department are permitted pitch-side with flag-bearers.
All personnel will be Garda vetted and have appropriate clearance.
The GAA reserve the right to remove a flag-bearer from the line up at any time if circumstances require e.g. child being distressed, causing undue disruption to the activity etc.
The competition must be entered via the eir Facebook page Account. Username: @eir with entries limited to one per Facebook user.
- The competition will close at 12pm on Tuesday, September 10th, and the winner of the competition will be selected from all entries received up to that time. The winner will be announced before 2pm on Tuesday 10th September 2019.
- eir may publish the name of the winner on its Twitter/Facebook page/Snapchat
- eir will notify the prize winner by means of a reply on the Facebook post. If the winner fails to respond after 2 times of being contacted or not before the deadline of 4pm on Tuesday, August 27th, the prize will be forfeited.
the event of any dispute regarding the rules, conduct or the results of the
competition, the decision of eir will be final and binding and no
correspondence will be entered into.
- Acceptance of the prize by the prize winner constitutes consent to use the relevant prize winner’s name, home town and likeness for purposes of advertising, promotion or publicity in any media without additional compensation and the prize winner agrees to take part in such related promotional activities as eir may require.
- eir reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition and/or vary competition terms and conditions at any time without prior notice. Participation in the competition denotes acceptance of these terms and conditions and any additional competition specific terms and conditions, which may be advertised.
- eir does not accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem in any network, system, server, provider, delivery service or otherwise which may result in entries being lost or not properly registered or recorded and contestants hereby waive any claim whatsoever for any losses, costs, damages and expenses arising from any such problems.
- Entrant details will not be used for any other marketing purposes and will not be disclosed to any third parties by the promoter or any of its agents.
- If, for some reason, the prize is not available, eir may, at its discretion, substitute a similar prize of equivalent value. No cash alternative will be offered.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of Ireland and are subject to the jurisdiction of the Irish Courts.